The Chaim Roifman Scholar Award for Young Investigators
Supported by Baxter, CSL Behring, Grifols, Octapharma and the CI Society
Call for Research Proposals
The purpose of this award is to support young investigators. An award of up to $10,000 will be awarded to residents or young investigators.
Eligibility and requirements
- The award is specifically for residents or young investigators who are studying in allergy and clinical immunology (preference will be given to Canadian based researchers)
- The research project must have clinical relevance.
- The research can be in progress.
- The research must have received Institutional ethics approval.
Value of Award
The award will pay research expenses up to $10,000.
Duration of Grant Support
The duration of support will be for one to two years.
Award Recipient shall acknowledge the support by using the full name of the award in any publication or presentation made during or resulting from the tenure of the award.
Termination of the Award
The Award Recipient, the Institution and/or the CI Society may terminate the Award at any time for good and sufficient reason.
Research Review Criteria
Full applications will be assessed and ranked on:
- Clinical relevance
- Originality of research
- Quality of the proposal
- Ability to conduct the research
- Appropriateness of facilities
How to Apply
Each applicant must submit an application which includes:
- A complete application form
- An abstract (maximum 250 words) of the research in lay terms
- A research proposal (maximum of 1,000 words) which includes background, goals and objectives, research design, methods, and preliminary results
- Itemized budget
- A letter of support from the research supervisor and the Department/Division Head or Program Director
- A copy of the research ethics approval
- The curriculum vitae of the primary investigator
Submit your complete package to CI Society via email at email@example.com.The deadline for submission is Friday, November 1, 2013.
Further information on the CI Society research grant application process is available by contacting:
PO Box 38540
3299 Bayview Ave.
T: (416) 964-3434
F: (416) 964-6594